It would be unimaginable that, in 2020, a virus outbreak could emerge with such force and cause a pandemic. And this, unfortunately, was a situation declared by the World Health Organization (WHO), due to the global spread of the New Coronavirus.
As we face such threat, two immediate concerns arise:
How is my immune system? How important is immunity?
Dr. Nanda MullerScience and Nutrition Researcher.
“THE IMMUNOLOGICAL SYSTEM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEFENSE OF OUR ORGANISM, HELPING THE BODY TO GET RID OF DISEASES. NK CELLS (natural killer cells) DESTROY CELLS WITH VIRUSES AND TUMORS, FOR EXAMPLE”.
But what to do to improve immunity and prevent disease? Dr. Muller suggests some attitudes that can help.
- SLEEP WELL;
- MANAGE EMOTIONS (avoid living stressed, seeking moments of leisure, yoga, meditation and having good relationships);
- EAT A HEALTHY FOODS, RICH IN FRUITS, VEGETABLES AND AVOID EATING PROCESSED FOODS;
The tip from Nutritionist Daiane Spitz is to have a varied and colorful diet.
To help you, she recommends some important nutrients to increase immunity that cannot be out from our menu.
- Vitamin A: liver, egg yolk or its precursor (beta-carotene), present in dark green vegetables, such as spinach and kale
- Vitamin C: lemon, orange, acerola, kiwi, pineapple, passion fruit
- Vitamin D: egg yolk, whole milk other dairy products
- Vitamin B and Zinc Complex: meat, chicken, whole grains
- Selenium: Brazil nut (01 und / day is enough!)
- Iron: meat, chicken, fish
- Omega 3: sardines, tuna, chia, flaxseed
- Ginger, propolis, turmeric and seeds (sunflower, pumpkin) also contain important bioactive compounds, and can be included in your diet.
If you have never tried any of them, try new recipes, new preparations and combinations and tell us!
Nutritionist Daiane Spitz“Complementary strategies should be considered, such as stress management (Yoga, meditation), adequate hydration, good sleep and regular physical activity”.
By adopting all these measures, and with good immunity, you will be able to avoid diseases such as flu, colds, cancer and viruses.
Dra. Nanda Muller“In addition to taking care of your immunity, don’t forget about PREVENTION: washing your hands very well, not putting your hands in contact with your mouth, eyes and nose, and avoiding physical contact with other people when possible. In addition, the tips above DO NOT prevent you from catching the virus if it is not prevented correctly”.
Let’s improve our bodies’ defenses!
See you! kisses!
See also here on the Portal the article “Low Immunity in Athletes.”